So many times I've bought peaches at my local Stater Bros.only to throw them in the trash.

I didn't know what it was that caused peaches to lose their sweetness and become inedible until I learned about the term "mealy" peaches. It's the term for peaches which have been refrigerated or chilled before they are fully ripe. Apparently, supermarket peaches are picked while firm (not quite ripe) and then kept in cold storage to survive shipping.

This is what causes them to become dry and "mealy." I've noticed recently that the peaches at my SB store are cold and hard rather than being at room temperature and soft.I read an article which says a produce manager should "taste" test and return any peaches that are "mealy" but obviously that isn't happening at my store!

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Stater Brothers Grocery Store and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2 and wants Stater Brothers Grocery Store to "have someone in the produce department always "sample" the peaches before putting them out".

The most disappointing in user's experience was inedible peaches. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Stater Brothers Grocery Store and stater brothers grocery store manager for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Stater Brothers Grocery Store?

Comments

This usually happens late in the season (end of September to October) when the peaches are likely shipped with other fruits that require a different temp range.

Just return the fruit and inform the produce manager so that he can notify quality control