Stater Brothers Grocery Store - "Mealy" Peaches
So many times I've bought peaches at my local Stater Bros.only to throw them in the trash.
I didn't know what it was that caused peaches to lose their sweetness and become inedible until I learned about the term "mealy" peaches. It's the term for peaches which have been refrigerated or chilled before they are fully ripe. Apparently, supermarket peaches are picked while firm (not quite ripe) and then kept in cold storage to survive shipping.
This is what causes them to become dry and "mealy." I've noticed recently that the peaches at my SB store are cold and hard rather than being at room temperature and soft.I read an article which says a produce manager should "taste" test and return any peaches that are "mealy" but obviously that isn't happening at my store!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Inedible peaches
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Have someone in the produce department always "sample" the peaches before putting them out.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "People Google this Walmart at 9500 Clifford Road in Fort Worth Texas and you will find they have MANY complaints about Appalling customer service. I have never seen a Walmart..."
- "Actual size of sandwich nowhere close to online image. Don't waste your money. It's advertised as hot and toasted. It came cold and untoasted, and lacking acceptable quantity of meat...."
- "2/1/2014 I opened a can of Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup (you know, the one they sell in the refrigerated section), and made a bowl of soup. ..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "I posted a blog post on ISIS-Comesuticals' blog asking about one of their 4 fl oz products that have suddenly been pulled off the market, and I was surprised to..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."