Stater Brothers Grocery Store - "Mealy" Peaches
So many times I've bought peaches at my local Stater Bros.only to throw them in the trash.
I didn't know what it was that caused peaches to lose their sweetness and become inedible until I learned about the term "mealy" peaches. It's the term for peaches which have been refrigerated or chilled before they are fully ripe. Apparently, supermarket peaches are picked while firm (not quite ripe) and then kept in cold storage to survive shipping.
This is what causes them to become dry and "mealy." I've noticed recently that the peaches at my SB store are cold and hard rather than being at room temperature and soft.I read an article which says a produce manager should "taste" test and return any peaches that are "mealy" but obviously that isn't happening at my store!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Inedible peaches
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Have someone in the produce department always "sample" the peaches before putting them out.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "#601 located 2120 South Roan street Johnson City,Tn 37601. I have a serious complaint. I have talked to John Jones Executive Vice President about a critical situation about the..."
- "While shopping at my local Safeway Dec 17th I saw some plates on sale I liked. They were displayed in a large box on a shelf. The plates..."
- "I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- " They paid $10,000 are more of expenses for my automobile which if I did not have a warranty I would had paid all out of pockets, they was their..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."